I’m not going to say a lot here because I used the same recipe and followed largely the same process as I did last week when I made Steak and Mushroom Pie.
I wanted a pie I could sell as a fundraiser, so I made party pies. Using a muffin tin gave me a good-sized pie. While the pastry was perfect for the large family-sized pie, it was almost too short this time (crumbly and lacking a totally stable structure). ‘Shortness’ is related to how much the butter is coating the flour. My kitchen was pretty warm, and the pastry got worked more than usual to cut out the individual pie cases, so I guess the butter warmed up a bit too much and affected the structure of the pastry. It was stable enough though and lots of people commented on how good the pastry was, so phew! I only lost one pie to breakage, which I disposed of myself 🙂